Set of Simple Scraper I and the angled Simple Scraper II
We recommend Negative Rake Cutters for Epoxy/Resin, Acrylic and Hybrid wood turning, although they also work great on softer woods. The regular carbide cutters we recommend for all wood projects.
This thing. Is absolutely amazing. Balanced. Comfortable. And built like a tank. It does all that it is claimed to do and then some. And comes quickly with the shipping packing perfect. I very highly recommend this thing. It is worth every single penny.
Tool 1 - Simple Scraper I
Quickly remove tool marks and create silky smooth profile transitions between inside and outside curves, as well as straight wave free lines with less sanding!
Tool 2 - Simple Scraper II
This is a specialty tool created for steep or straight inside walls of a bowl or box or for finishing the outside bottom of the bowl with tailstock support!
Watch The Simple Scraper I tool in action here:
- Carbide cutter size: 1.18" x .50" x .10" thick
- Tool measures 1" wide x 3/8" thick x 8" long. Handle tang is 3/8" square (fits in 1/2" hole) x 2.5" long, so tool length once it's in the handle is 5.5".
- Handle Options:
- With Full Size Handle with Foam Grip - Tool and handle length is 22".
- With Simple Start Handle - Tool and handle length is 13".
- Unhandled if you'd like to turn your own handle.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
The Pen Turners Dream Tool! Because it's the only tool needed to turn most pens!
The Simple Scraper carbide shaping and finishing tool from Sim...
The Simple Scraper Shaping and Finishing Tool for Woodturning
The Simple Scraper demonstrated with all 4 cutter options. Thi...
Why the Simple Scraper II Woodturning Tool
The Simple Scraper II picks up where the Simple Scraper I leav...
Simple Scraper I Carbide Shaping and Finishing Tool - How we use it to turn wood and acrylic/resin
Here's a few example projects we've turned using the carbide t...