- Simple Start Rougher - SSR - create basic shapes
- Simple Start Turner & Hollower - SSTH - refine your shape
- Simple Start 55° Detailer - SS55 - detail your shape
Each tool comes with a beautiful 8" aluminum color-coded handle.
The mid size Simple Turner & Hollower is ideal for turning small pens, tops, bottle stoppers, etc.
The mid size Simple Rougher carbide tool makes roughing much simpler & less physical as most of the shock created by interrupted cuts is absorbed in the tool rest instead of your hands & arms.
The mid size Simple 55 Detailer carbide tool is perfect for cutting small details or a dovetail tennon. It can also be used as a parting tool.
*Note: All of these tools can be used in the Simple Hollowing System. Just loosen the two stainless set screws in each handle and remove the tool from the handle.
- CNC machined from 3/8” square stainless steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round tools.
- Overall tool length is 6.5", 4" of tool extends beyond the handle.
- Overall length of tool with handle is 12".
The most beautiful lathe tool handle on the market, 100% USA made by American craftsman. CNC machined from solid aircraft aluminum for balance, durability, and to last for years. Overall length is 8"; outside diameter is 1 3/16"; tool opening is 1/2" diameter. If needed, tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws.
- Overall length: 8".
- Outside diameter: 1-3/16".
- Opening for tool: 1/2".
- Each handle is powder coated giving it an easy grip and durable finish.
- Tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws using an 1/8" Allen key (not included)
Benefits of Carbide Lathe Tools:
Simple to use for all skill levels making woodturning fast and more enjoyable. You can focus on your project and not on techniques or sharpening. No long learning curve or expensive sharpening equipment. You can begin turning as soon as your box arrives because each tool comes with a very sharp, rotatable carbide cutter. Just rotate the cutter head ¼ turn for a clean, sharp edge and you are back to turning wood.