7 Tool Set of Carbide Lathe Tools with Interchangeable Foam Grip Handle
When you own this American made 7 tool set of carbide lathe tools, you will be able to turn any project imaginable; from roughing the block down to a cylinder; to parting off the completed work of art.
Handle Details: The most beautiful lathe tool handle on the market, 100% USA made by American craftsman. CNC machined from solid aircraft aluminum for balance, durability, and to last for years. Covered with a soft, comfortable foam rubber grip to reduce hand cramping during long turning sessions and for great tool control. Overall length is 17"; outside diameter is 1 3/8"; tool opening is ½" diameter. Tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws.
Benefits of Carbide Lathe Tools: Simple to use for all skill levels making woodturning fast and more enjoyable. You can focus on your project and not on techniques or sharpening. No long learning curve or expensive sharpening equipment. You can begin turning as soon as your box arrives because each tool comes with a very sharp, rotatable carbide cutter. Just rotate the cutter head ¼ turn for a clean, sharp edge and you are back to turning wood.
Full Size Tool Details: Square shaft tools are CNC machined from ½” square stainless steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round shaft tools. The 5/8" round Simple Shear Cutting Finisher is CNC machined from solid stainless steel. That allows it to be rotated about it's axis so the cutter can be presented to the work at an angle, giving you that shear cutting action. These full size tools feature an overall length of 12", with a handle tang of ½" diameter x 2½" length.
*Note: All of these tools can be used in the Simple Hollowing System. Just loosen the two stainless set screws in each handle and remove the tool from the handle.
- The Simple Turner and Hollower is the simplest to use carbide tool on the market. You'll appreciate the simplicity with which your project can quickly be turned and hollowed to the desired shape using this tool.
- The Simple Shear Cutting Finisher (5/8" Round Shaft) is a finishing tool that leaves and excellent surface finish so sanding is reduced to a minimum. Requires a bit of practice to master, but is often the favorite tool of them all.
- The Simple Rougher carbide tool makes roughing much simpler & less physical as most of the shock created by interrupted cuts is absorbed in the tool rest instead of your hands & arms.
- The Simple 55 Detailer carbide tool that provides a much higher level of woodturning creativity.
- The Simple 90° Detailer is for detail work such as beads and cutting perfectly square inside corners. Also a great tool for rapid material removal especially inside a bowl.
- The Simple Swan Neck Hollower is specifically designed to reach areas inside hollow form vessels that are inaccessible using straight shaft tools.
- The Simple Parting Tool features a narrow razor sharp carbide tip that slices through even the hardest wood with amazing ease. Now you can cut small grooves for decorative features and then simply part off the finished vessel easier that you ever thought possible.
Tool Engraving: Each square Simple Woodturning Tool is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! Look for authentic Simple Woodturning Tool replacement cutters.
- STH = Simple Turner and Hollower
- SSNH = Simple Swan Neck Hollower
- S90D = Simple 90° Detailer
- SR = Simple Rougher
- S55D = Simple 55° Detailer
- SPT = Simple Parting Tool
- 5/8" Round Shaft = Simple Shear Cutting Finisher (SSCF)