Threaded, reusable, aluminum glue hub with machined groove for glue or resin. Use with or without hardwood waste block - or create your own waste block.
- On and off the lathe as many times as you want without losing exact center.
- Prevent wasting materials on your project - avoid losing wood for a tenon.
- Easily remove from the lathe and leave the project to dry or start a new one.
- Experience the superior strength of metal combined with the convenience of a glue hub that will last you a lifetime.
- Moves project away from headstock giving you more room to shape the bottom prior to reversing the project.
- We suggest that you insert scrap wood between the waste block and your wood turned project. This will allow you to separate your project without consuming the waste block.
- Can be glued directly into wood or resin project by drilling a 2" diameter by 0.5" deep hole using a forstner bit. We recommend using clear Gorilla Glue and allowing 24 hour cure time prior to beginning to turn.
- Lightweight compared to 4 jaw chuck.
- Use in conjunction with vacuum chuck, reversing adapter and live tailstock chuck to reverse and center your project to part off and finish the bottom.
- Waste Block Surface preparation: Be sure surfaces are clean and free of dirt, wax, oil or other substances and follow instructions on your glue bottle. Do not use newspaper.
- We always recommend using tailstock support as much as possible when turning. This can be done with a live tailstock chuck and a center point.
Glue Hub Details:
- CNC machined from 6061 aluminum
- 2" outside diameter
- 3.5" Overall Length
- Choose from either 1" - 8 TPI threads or 1.25" - 8 TPI
Optional Hardwood Waste Block:
- Arrives pre-glued to hub using clear Gorilla glue.
- Routered from kiln dried hard maple.
- 2.5" diameter x 1.5" long
- Milled pocket is 0.50" deep, so your glue hub sits inside the waste block 0.50".
- We suggest that you insert scrap wood between the waste block and your woodturned project. This will allow you to separate your project without consuming the waste block.
- Once you've completed your resin project & parted it off from the Glue Hub, turn down any excess resin and sand down to reveal the aluminum surface. The best tool for parting off is a negative rake carbide parting tool.