USA Made Set of 3 Simple Woodturning Tools with Solid Aluminum Handles.
The introduction of carbide lathe tools has greatly simplified wood turning. Gone forever is the long learning curve where precise angles and special tool presentation techniques must be mastered. Also gone is the need to master many sharpening techniques before you can even begin to turn, not to mention the expense of all that sharpening equipment. With Simple Woodturning Tools it’s all turning and no sharpening so you can start turning as soon as your box arrives.
This set contains:
Simple Rougher™ (SR) - Typically the first tool used to quickly rough a block to a cylinder and shape the profile. You must choose one of the carbide cutter selections from the above drop down box. The 6" radius is the preferred cutter choice.
- Cutter selection details HERE.
- Tool details HERE.
Simple Turner & Hollower™ (STH) - A great all around carbide woodturning tool that's the simplest turning & hollowing tool to master on the market today. Carbide cutter is 9/16" round with a flat top.
- Tool details HERE
- Simple 55° Detailer™ (S55D) - For fine detail work such as beads and coves in spindles. Perfect for cutting the dovetail tenon needed for holding a block in a 4 jaw chuck.
- Tool details HERE.
- T15 & T20 Torx star tip wrenches are included to adjust the cutters.
*Note: All of these tools can be used in the Simple Hollowing System. Just loosen the two stainless set screws in each handle and remove the tool from the handle.
- Material: CNC machined 1/2" solid stainless steel
- Overall tool length: 12"
- Handle tang: 2.5" x .5" diameter
- Each tool is designed with a square shaft making it easy to keep tools flat on the tool rest.
- Material: Solid aluminum CNC machined with comfortable foam grip handle
- Overall length: 17"
- Outside diameter: 1 3/8"
- Opening for tool: ½" diameter
- Tools are easily changed by loosening two stainless steel allen set screws.
Watch video demonstrations here.
Replacement carbide cutters are available HERE.
Every woodturning tool in this package will work in our Simple Hollowing System.
Simple Woodturning Tools are made in America by Harrison Specialties - a family owned CNC machining and manufacturing company in Ramsey, Minnesota.
Any questions just chat or e-mail us, we're glad to help.