Combo set of 3 Simple Woodturning Tools®, mid size, carbide wood turning tools with 9" comfortable foam grip handles. All tools in this set feature a square shaft that is designed to be kept flat on the tool rest and level with the floor.
- Handle Details: The most beautiful lathe tool handle on the market, 100% USA made by American craftsman. CNC machined from solid aircraft aluminum for balance, durability, and to last for years. Covered with a soft, comfortable foam rubber grip to reduce hand cramping during long turning sessions and for great tool control. Overall length is 9"; outside diameter is 1 3/8"; tool opening is 3/8" diameter. Tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws.
- Benefits of Carbide Lathe Tools: Simple to use for all skill levels making woodturning fast and more enjoyable. You can focus on your project and not on techniques or sharpening. No long learning curve or expensive sharpening equipment. You can begin turning as soon as your box arrives because each tool comes with a very sharp, rotatable carbide cutter. Just rotate the cutter head ¼ turn for a clean, sharp edge and you are back to turning wood.
- Mid Size Tool Details: CNC machined from 3/8” square steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round shaft tools. Every tool is beautifully nickel plated for durability. These full size tools feature an overall length of 9", with a handle tang of 3/8" diameter x 2" length.
- Tool Use: The mid size Simple Turner & Hollower is ideal for turning small pens, tops, bottle stoppers, etc. The mid size Simple Rougher carbide tool makes roughing much simpler & less physical as most of the shock created by interrupted cuts is absorbed in the tool rest instead of your hands & arms. The mid size Simple 55 Detailer carbide tool is perfect for cutting small details or a dovetail tennon. It can also be used as a parting tool.
- Tool Engraving: Each Simple Woodturning Tool® is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! MSTH = Mid-Size Simple Turner and Hollower. MSR = Mid-Size Simple Rougher. MS55D = Mid-Size Simple 55° Detailer
Carbide Turning Tools Included:
- Mid Simple Turner & Hollower - Ideal for turning small bowls, handles, bottle stoppers, pens etc from even super hard wood such as maple .
- Mid Simple 55° Detailer - Perfect for cutting small details like those shown on the pictured bird house ornament. Also ideal for cutting a dovetail tenon for mounting turnings in a 4-jaw chuck. Can be used as a parting tool.
- Mid Simple Rougher - square cutter with 2" radius. This tool is suited for small and mid size projects such as pens, Christmas ornaments, cheese slicer handles, etc.
Carbide Lathe Tool Details:
- CNC machined from 3/8” square steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round shaft tools.
- Beautifully nickel plated.
- Overall tool length is 9", 7" of tool extends beyond the handle.
- Handle tang is 3/8" diameter x 2" length.
Lathe Tool Handle details:
- These beautiful solid aluminum handles are CNC machined by Harrison Specialties in Ramsey Minnesota.
- Each tool handle is covered with soft, comfortable foam giving it an easy grip & durable finish.
- Overall length: 9".
- Outside diameter: 1-3/8".
- Opening for tool: 3/8".
- Tools are easily changed by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws.
- All wrenches are included.
Replacement carbide tips are available HERE.
Watch the tools demonstrated here (the handles in this video are discontinued):