MID SIZE Simple 55 Detailer - Carbide Woodturning Tool
Available unhandled or with a 12" solid aluminum handle of your color choice.
This tool is perfect for cutting small details like those seen on the pictured bird house ornament. Also it's ideal for cutting a dovetail tennon for mounting turnings in a 4-jaw chuck. Other examples are spindle details and anything else were fine details are desired. This tool can also be used as a parting tool.
To use the Mid Size Simple 55 Detailer just follow these 3 simple steps.
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool slowly move the carbide cutter into the work.
Because of the small tool shaft the tool should not extend past the tool rest more then 3 inches
Here's a video demonstrating these tools:
Mid Size Simple 55° Detailer technical details:
- Carbide cutter - 55° diamond
- Overall tool length – 9"
- Tool Shaft – Solid stainless steel 3/8" square
- Handle tang - 3/8" diameter x 2" length
- T15 Torx star tip wrench included
- Simple interchangeable handle for this tool is available HERE
Replacement carbide inserts are available Here
If you choose to add a handle, here are the Handle Features:
- Solid Aluminum CNC Machined
- Beautifully Powdercoated
- Overall Length: 12"
- Outside diameter: 1-1/8"
- Opening for Tool: 3/8"
- Tools are easily changed by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws
- Allen wrench is included.
- 100% made in Ramsey, Minnesota.