MID SIZE Simple Rougher - Carbide Square Woodturning Scraper Tool
Available unhandled or with a 12" handle of your color choice.
These carbide woodturning tools are ideally suited for small and mid size projects where the full size tools as just too clumsy. Some examples include pens, Christmas ornaments, bottle stoppers, cheese slicer handles and bowls, just to name a few.
To use the Mid Size Simple Rougher just follow these 3 simple steps.
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool slowly move the carbide cutter into the work.
Because of the small tool shaft the tool should not extend past the tool rest more then 3 inches.
Here's a video demonstration of these tools:
Mid Size Simple Rougher technical details:
- Carbide cutter - 10.5mm square or 11mm square with 2" radius.
- 2 Cutter options available - See details below
- Overall tool length – 9"
- Tool Shaft – Solid stainless steel 3/8" square
- Handle tang - 3/8" diameter x 2" length
- T10 Torx wrench included
- Simple interchangeable handle for this tool is available HERE
Mid Size Simple Rougher Cutter options:
This tool ships with the carbide cutter of your choice.
- 2 inch radius carbide square cutter Corners rounded with an approximate 0.02” radius. Size: 11mm x 11mm. Best choice for roughing and cutting straight surfaces.
- 90 degree carbide square cutter Corners are very sharp with no radius. Size: 10.5mm x 10.5mm. Best choice for turning perfect 90 degree shapes such as inside corners and tenons.
- T10 torx star tip wrench included with either cutter selection.
If you choose to add a handle, here are the Handle Features:
- Solid Aluminum CNC machined
- Beautifully powdercoated
- Overall Length: 12"
- Outside diameter: 1-1/8"
- Opening for tool: 3/8"
- Tools are easily changed by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws.
- Allen wrench is included.
- 100% made in Ramsey, Minnesota
See the full line of Simple Woodturning Tools & accessories HERE