Simple Woodturning Tools® Mid-Size Simple Turner & Hollower Carbide Wood Turning Lathe Tool.
With carbide Simple Woodturning Tools®, it's all turning & no sharpening!
These woodturning tools are ideally suited for small and mid size projects (6" in diameter or less) where the full size tools are just too clumsy. Some examples include pens, Christmas ornaments, bottle stoppers, handles and bowls, just to name a few.
To use the Mid Size Simple Turner & Hollower just follow these 3 simple steps.
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool slowly move the carbide cutter into the work.
Because of the small tool shaft the tool should not extend past the tool rest more than 3 inches.
Mid Size Simple Turner & Hollower technical details:
- Carbide cutter - 1/2" diameter - Flat top cutter
- Overall tool length – 9"
- Tool Shaft – Solid Stainless Steel 3/8" square
- Handle tang - 3/8" diameter x 2" length
- T15 Torx star tip wrench included
Mid Size Tool Details: Premium quality, American-made, CNC machined from 3/8” square stainless steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round shaft tools. These mid size carbide tools feature an overall length of 9", with a handle tang of 3/8" diameter x 2" length
Tool Engraving: Each Simple Woodturning Tool® is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! Look for authentic mid size Simple Woodturning Tool replacement cutters. MSTH = Mid-Size Simple Turner & Hollower.
Proudly American Made: Simple Woodturning Tools® are made in America by Harrison Specialties, a family owned & operated CNC machining and manufacturing company in Minnesota.
Optional Handle Features include:
- Overall length: 12"
- Outside diameter: 1-1/8"
- Opening for tool: 3/8"
- Tools are easily changed by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws.
- Allen wrench is included.
These solid aluminum CNC machined woodturning handles are given a highly durable beautiful clear coat to make them virtually indestructible. Their ergonomic design makes them comfortable to hold while the well-balanced handle makes precision woodturning simple. These woodturning handles are 100% USA made in Ramsey, Minnesota. Switch between tools quickly by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws.
Here's a video demonstration of these tools:
Replacement carbide inserts are available Here
See the full line of Simple Woodturning Tools & accessories HERE
Any questions just chat or email, we're glad to help.