Negative Rake Simple 55° Detailer Carbide Turning Tool for Acrylic or Resin, Full Size
The Simple 55 Detailer is a wonderful carbide woodturning tool that provides a much higher level of woodturning creativity. The special shape of the diamond cutter allows access to tight places where the cutter on other tools simply can't be used. Available unhandled or with a handle of your choice.
The modern alternative to conventional small spindle scrapers and fine detailing tools
The introduction of carbide tipped wood turning tools has greatly simplified woodturning.
Spindle and detail turning now begins as soon as your tool arrives. Plus with carbide tools your time spent turning is never interpreted by the need to sharpen dull tools. Now with Simple Wood Turning Tools it’s all turning and no sharpening so you can start turning immediately and keep turning until the project is completed.
The Simple 55° Detailer is a wonderful tool that provides a much higher level of woodturning creativity. The special shape of the diamond cutter allows access to tight places where the cutter on other tools simply can't be used.
The design of this tool lends itself perfectly to small intricate detail work such as turning beads, cover finials, boxes and other final details on spindle and bowl turnings.
Also it is also very useful for making outside chuck tenons and reverse angle inside cuts so bowls can be chucked with dovetail jaws. If you use a 4 jaw chuck to hold your turnings this tool is a must and will be used on every turning.
To use the Simple 55° Detailer just follow these 3 simple steps:
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool keep the flat bottom in constant contact with the tool rest and slowly plunge the carbide cutter into the work.
As you use this tool you will soon see the wonderful small details that can added to your turnings. It will quickly become one of your favorite tools and used regularly.
Simple 55° Detailer technical details:
- Carbide cutter - 55° diamond
- Overall tool length – 12"
- Tool Shaft – Solid stainless steel ½" square
- Handle tang - ½" diameter x 2½" length
- T15 Torx star tip wrench included
- Simple interchangeable handle for this tool is available HERE