Simple 90° Detailer - Full Size Carbide Woodturning & Hollowing Tool
In addition to detail work, the sharp point of the Simple 90 Detailer makes it an amazing woodturning tool for hollowing out bowls turned from really hard wood, or any other wood for that matter. Available unhandled or with a handle of your choice.
The modern alternative to conventional spindle scrapers and detailing tools
The introduction of carbide tipped wood turning tools has greatly simplified woodturning.
Spindle and detail turning now begins as soon as your tool arrives. Gone forever is the long process of mastering spindle and bowl gouge detailing techniques and tool presentation. Another thing that won't be missed is the need to master many sharpening techniques before you can even begin to turn, not to mention the expense of all that sharpening equipment.
Now with Simple Woodturning Tools it’s all turning and no sharpening so you can start turning immediately.
To use the Simple 90° Detailer just follow these 3 simple steps:
1. Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
2. Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
3. While securely holding the tool keep the flat bottom in constant contact with the tool rest and slowly plunge the carbide cutter into the work.
As soon as the razor sharp tip hits the wood you will be amazed how fast this tool cuts and how quickly you'll form details on your spindles and bowls.
In addition to detail work the sharp point of the Simple 90° Detailer makes it an amazing tool for hollowing out bowls turned from really hard wood, or any other wood for that matter. Simply pierce the point into a vessel you're hollowing, then move the tool back and forth and you'll see the inside of the vessel rapidly turned to chips. One note here: It's best to not pierce the tool more then ½" into the vessel before moving sideways.
This tool is also great for cutting perfectly square tenons and inside corners.
Simple 90° Detailer technical details:
- Carbide cutter - 9/16" square with very sharp corners
- Overall tool length – 12"
- Tool Shaft – Solid stainless steel ½" square
- Handle tang - ½" diameter x 2½" length
- T15 Torx star tip wrench included
- Simple interchangeable handle for this tool is available HERE
See the full line of Simple Woodturning Tools® & accessories
Any questions just chat or email, we're glad to help.