Simple Hollowing System with Laser & Optional Tools
The Simple Hollowing System is available with laser and optional tools to suit many woodturners. With the laser always showing exactly where the cutter is inside your hollow form or bowl, all the stress and fear of catches is eliminated. Now precise wall thickness is simple to achieve. For example if you what a 1/4" wall thickness simply set the laser light to shine 1/4" away from the cutter. Then hollow out your vessel until the laser light just falls off the outside of the vessel and you will have a 1/4" wall thickness.
- This system can be used to turn both the inside and outside of a project. That makes it ideal for turners who must turn while seated or who may have other physical limitations making it difficult to hold tools.
- This fully articulating hollowing system will fit virtually any lathe with split ways, even mini lathes.
- Note: If you own a Nova DVR be sure to let us know and we will ship a mounting base clamp specifically for that lathe.
- All Full Size (1/2" round tang) Simple Woodturning Tools™ (see them here) can be used in the system or any other tool with a round ½" tang.
- Ships with or without the laser selected from the radio buttons above. (The laser can be purchased separately at a later time)
- This system will also accept 3/8" (mid size) tools with the addition of the SHS Bushing found here: SHS BUSHING
- The tool holder can be swapped to accept tools with 5/8" round tang. 5/8" Tool Holder available HERE
- Made in America in Ramsey, Minnesota.
Full Size Simple Woodturning Tool choices are (click tool name for picture & details):
- Simple Swan Neck Hollower™ - This tool is designed specifically for finishing hollow forms.
- Simple Shear Cutting Finisher® - This tool leaves the best surface finish. Available in either 12" length or 16" length.
- Simple Turner & Hollower™ - This tool is the simplest to use.
- Simple 90° Detailer™ - The sharp point of this tool makes it an amazing tool for hollowing out bowls turned from really hard wood, cutting perfectly square tenons and inside corners.
- Simple 55° Detailer™ - Perfect for fine detail work such as beads and coves in spindles.
- Simple Rougher™ - This tool is great for shaping the outside radius of a bowl, hollowing out the inside of a bowl, making a vessel with square inside corners and a flat bottom.
Any questions please chat or email, we're glad to help.
Watch it is in action on YouTube:
Here's a video showing how to mount it.
Should you have a lathe with a solid bed please let me know and I will see about developing a custom mount for your lathe.