The Harrison Specialties Simple Hollowing System™ is available with a variety of options to suit many woodturners.
- Made in America in St. Michael, Minnesota.
- This fully articulating hollowing system will fit virtually any lathe with split ways, even mini lathes.
- Note: If you own a Nova DVR be sure to let us know and we will ship a mounting base clamp specifically for that lathe.
- This system can be used to turn both the inside and outside of a project. That makes it ideal for turners who must turn while seated or who may have other physical limitations making it difficult to hold tools.
- All Full Size Simple Woodturning Tools™ can be used in the system or any other tool with a half inch tang.
- Ships with or without the laser selected from the radio buttons above.
- This system will also accept 3/8" (mid size) tools with the addition of the SHS Bushing found here: SHS BUSHING
With the laser always showing exactly where the cutter is inside your hollow form or bowl, all the stress and fear of catches is eliminated. Now precise wall thickness is simple to achieve. For example if you what a 1/4" wall thickness simply set the laser light to shine 1/4" away from the cutter. Then hollow out your vessel until the laser light just falls off the outside of the vessel and you will have a 1/4" wall thickness.
Watch it is in action on YouTube:
Here's a video showing how to mount it.
Should you have a lathe with a solid bed please let me know and I will see about developing a custom mount for your lathe.
Simple Woodturning Tool choices are (click tool name for details):
Simple Swan Neck Hollower™ - This tool is designed specifically for finishing hollow forms.
Simple Shear Cutting Finisher® - This tool leaves the best surface finish. Available in either 12" length or 16" length.
Simple Turner & Hollower™ - This tool is the simplest to use.
- All tools have a 1/2" tang and can be used in this hollowing system and the Simple Interchangeable Tool Handle.
- Mounts on any lathe with split bed ways as shown in the photos.
- Every tool comes with a carbide cutter installed.
Any questions just e-mail Us, we're glad to help.