Combo set of 4 Simple Start Simple Woodturning Tools®, carbide wood turning tools with 8" solid aluminum handles. All tools in this set feature a square shaft that is designed to be kept flat on the tool rest and level with the floor.
- Handle Details: The most beautiful lathe tool handle on the market, 100% USA made by American craftsman. CNC machined from solid aircraft aluminum for balance, durability, and to last for years. Overall length is 8"; outside diameter is 1 3/16"; tool opening is 1/2" diameter. If needed, tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws using an 1/8" Allen key (not included).
- Benefits of Carbide Lathe Tools: Simple to use for all skill levels making woodturning fast and more enjoyable. You can focus on your project and not on techniques or sharpening. No long learning curve or expensive sharpening equipment. You can begin turning as soon as your box arrives because each tool comes with a very sharp, rotatable carbide cutter. Just rotate the cutter head ¼ turn for a clean, sharp edge and you are back to turning wood.
- Simple Start Tool Details: CNC machined from 3/8” square stainless steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round shaft tools. These professional tools feature an overall length of 6.5".
- Tool Use: The Simple Start Turner & Hollower is ideal for turning small pens, tops, bottle stoppers, etc. The Simple Start Rougher carbide tool makes roughing much simpler & less physical as most of the shock created by interrupted cuts is absorbed in the tool rest instead of your hands & arms. The Simple Start 55 Detailer carbide tool is perfect for cutting small details or a dovetail tenon. It can also be used as a parting tool. The Simple Start 90 carbide tool is ideal for detail work, can be used for roughing or for square inside corners.
- Tool Engraving: Each Simple Woodturning Tool® is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! SSTH = Simple Start Turner and Hollower. SSR = Simple Start Rougher. SS55D = Simple Start 55° Detailer. SS90 = Simple Start 90. These tools (the SSR and SS90 only) will also accept negative rake replacement cutters for turning acrylic or resin, if desired.
*Note: All of these tools can be used in the Simple Hollowing System. Just loosen the two stainless set screws in each handle and remove the tool from the handle.
Carbide Turning Tools Included:
- Simple Start Turner & Hollower (SSTH) - Ideal for turning small bowls, handles, bottle stoppers, pens etc from even super hard wood such as maple .
- Simple Start 55° Detailer (SS55) - Perfect for cutting small details like those shown on the pictured bird house ornament. Also ideal for cutting a dovetail tenon for mounting turnings in a 4-jaw chuck. Can be used as a parting tool.
- Simple Start Rougher (SSR) - square cutter with 2" radius. This tool is suited for small and mid size projects such as pens, Christmas ornaments, cheese slicer handles, etc.
- Simple Start 90 (SS90) - square cutter with 2" radius. This tool is ideal for detail work, can be used for roughing or for square inside corners.
Simple Start Tool Details:
- CNC machined from 3/8” square stainless steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round shaft tools.
- Overall tool length is 6.5", 4" of tool extends beyond the handle.
- Overall length of tool with handle is 12".
Lathe Tool Handle details:
- These beautiful solid aluminum handles are CNC machined by Harrison Specialties in Ramsey Minnesota.
- Overall length: 8".
- Outside diameter: 1-3/16".
- Opening for tool: 1/2".
- If needed, tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws using an 1/8" Allen key (not included).
Replacement carbide tips are available HERE.