Vacuum Chuck and Manifold Kit for Wood Lathe Turning.
Here's a very useful lathe accessory that really simplifies bowl turning. This CNC machined solid aluminum vacuum chuck is great for finishing the bottom of your turned bowls and other vessels. Watch it in action here.
Here are the details on both items in this package:
This beautiful 100% brass manifold provides a simple way to connect and control the vacuum supply to your vacuum chuck.
The vacuum manifold kit includes everything needed to connect a Harrison Specialties vacuum chuck to a vacuum pump with 1/4 NPT female threads on the intake fitting.
Gauge shows vacuum in the chuck.
Valve releases vacuum so parts can be removed or adjusted.
All fittings are 1/4" NPT
What comes with the manifold:
- 1 - Vacuum gauge with 1/4" NPT male fitting
- 1 - Vacuum bleed valve with 1/4" NPT female fittings
- 1 - Brass 4 way coupler - 1/4" NPT
- 1 - Brass hose barb - 1/4" NPT x 3/8" hose barb
- 1 - Brass nipple - 1/4" NPT x 2.5" length
- 1 - Brass close nipple - 1/4" NP
- 2 - Stainless steel hose clamps
- 36" - 3/8" ID polyethylene tubing
The vacuum pump shown in the photos is NOT included. We do not sell vacuum pumps, however we recommend Robinar 15310 single stage 3 CFM pump, which can be purchased on Amazon.
How to use this chuck:
- Using the 3/8" ID plastic tube, connect a good vacuum supply to the 3/8" OD tube that passes through the headstock from the chuck.
- Position your turning on the chuck and turn on the vacuum.
- Smile because you now have a great way to finish your turnings!
Note: A vacuum swivel is not needed with this chuck because the tube inside the chuck is mounted in a bearing so it remains stationary as the chuck rotates.
- Threads: select from above
- Outside diameter: 3.5"
- Overall length: 4"
- Steel tube length: Select the length you need from the two options 18.5" or 20.75" beyond the end of the chuck.
- Chuck material: 6061 aircraft aluminum
Here's a video demonstration one of our customers put together of the Vacuum Chuck:
(NOTE: The black gasket on the vacuum chuck in these photos has been replaced with a white molded gasket. We no longer ship these with the black rubber gasket)
Watch the YouTube video demonstrating the use of this vacuum chuck and tips on finding a vacuum pump.
Common Questions (Click link to open FAQ page answer):
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Simple Vacuum Chuck Demo
A demonstration of the Simple Vacuum Chuck™, chuck reversing a...
Vacuum Chuck for the VB36
Adding a Vacuum Chuck to a "VB36' can be an expensive endeavor...
Woodturning - A super quick vacuum chuck demonstration.
Vacuum chuck 1 min demonstration finishing a bowl bottom. htt...