This Package Deal Contains One Vacuum Chuck and One Vacuum Manifold.
Here's a video demonstration one of our customers put together of the Vacuum Chuck:
Watch the YouTube video demonstrating the use of this vacuum chuck and tips on finding a vacuum pump.
Here are the details on both items in this package:
This beautiful 100% brass manifold provides a simple way to connect and control the vacuum supply to your vacuum chuck.
The vacuum manifold kit includes everything needed to connect a Harrison Specialties vacuum chuck to a vacuum pump with 1/4 NPT female threads on the intake fitting.
Gauge shows vacuum in the chuck.
Valve releases vacuum so parts can be removed or adjusted.
All fittings are 1/4" NPT
What comes with the manifold:
- 1 - Vacuum gauge with 1/4" NPT male fitting
- 1 - Vacuum bleed valve with 1/4" NPT female fittings
- 1 - Brass 4 way coupler - 1/4" NPT
- 1 - Brass hose barb - 1/4" NPT x 3/8" hose barb
- 1 - Brass nipple - 1/4" NPT x 2.5" length
- 1 - Brass close nipple - 1/4" NP
- 2 - Stainless steel hose clamps
- 36" - 3/8" ID polyethylene tubing
The vacuum pump shown in the photos is NOT included.
Here's a very useful lathe accessory that really simplifies bowl turning. This CNC machined solid aluminum vacuum chuck is great for finishing the bottom of your turned bowls and other vessels.
How to use this chuck:
- Using the 3/8" ID plastic tube, connect a good vacuum supply to the 3/8" OD tube that passes through the headstock from the chuck.
- Position your turning on the chuck and turn on the vacuum.
- Smile because you now have a great way to finish your turnings!
Note: A vacuum swivel is not needed with this chuck because the tube inside the chuck is mounted in a bearing so it remains stationary as the chuck rotates.
- Threads: select from above
- Outside diameter: 3.5"
- Overall length: 4"
- Steel tube length: 18" beyond the end of the chuck
- Chuck material: 6061 aircraft aluminum
Common Questions (Click link to open FAQ page answer):
- Do you have a recommended vacuum pump?
- What would I need for a vacuum chuck if I had an air compressor?
- What is the largest bowl one can turn with the vacuum chuck?
- <a title="Vacuum Chuck with 33mm threads" href="https://www.harrisonspecialties.com