Here's a video demonstration one of our customers put together of the Vacuum Chuck:
Watch a video demonstration of the Simple Vacuum Chuck™ for woodturning below.
Here's a very useful lathe accessory that really simplifies bowl turning. This CNC machined solid aluminum vacuum chuck is great for finishing the bottom of your turned wood bowls and other vessels.
How to use this wood lathe chuck:
- Thread the vacuum chuck onto the lathe spindle
- Cover the open end of the chuck with the self adhesive rubber gasket included with the chuck.
- Using a 3/8" ID plastic tube, connect a good vacuum supply to the 3/8" OD tube that passes through the headstock from the chuck.
- Position your turning on the chuck and turn on the vacuum.
- Smile because you now have a great way to finish your turnings!
- Threads: select from above
- Outside diameter: 3.5"
- Overall length: 4"
- Steel tube length: 18" beyond the end of the chuck
- Chuck material: 6061 aircraft aluminum
Common Questions (Click link to open FAQ page answer):
- Do you have a recommended vacuum pump?
- What would I need for a vacuum chuck if I had an air compressor?
- What is the largest bowl one can turn with the vacuum chuck?
- Do you have a vacuum chuck with M33 x 3.5 tpi?
Source for the vacuum pump: We use this Robinair pump: Link to Amazon pumpAny questions just chat or email, we're glad to help.